Needless to say, I have been distracted today and the blog is feeling the effects of that. But here are some things I have been looking at this week:
- Galley Cat ran this graphic and commentary on how to tell real reviews from the paid ones on Amazon.
- Book Riot had this personal essay by a female contributor on how having kids changed her reading. You can tell her kids are pretty young based on her points. One of her points is that she now reads less. Personally, in my case, I did read less when the kids were younger, but now, I read more than I did before I had them. Many a evening you can find all 4 of us curled up on couches reading our own things, but reading together. Nothing is more important in raising a reader than reading yourself. Anyone who has kids and likes to read should take a look at her list.
- From io9, Ten Myths About Space Travel That Make Science Fiction Better.
- I wish I was artistic enough to do this.
- Because you can never have too many Fifty Shades of Grey readalike lists....